I read the Daily Mail for six weeks (for research, that’s why there are scribblings on some) and here are the pearliest of the pearls of wisdom I found.
[Click on photos to enlarge]
1. Boys should be BOYS and avoid things that are ‘feminine’ so they aren’t called a girl.
2. That thing where I quite like the woman who gave birth to me, that, that’ll end in tears.
3. When (not ‘if’!) I get married I’m biologically programmed to dictate my husband’s eating habits.
4. Getting back in the kitchen will make everything better.
5. As well as the kitchen, dusting will make us feel better and show our men we love them.
6. We should be worried about “foreigners” getting life changing health care.
7. There was no point getting that degree.
8. If you’re a size 12 you’re obviously having too much fun and should stop it immediately. (I MUST BE HAVING SHIT LOADS OF FUN).
9. If you’re curvy your dress is hard working – not bejewelled and fabulous.
10. YOUR PARTNER’S (potential) INFIDELITY IS YOUR FAULT.
11. Feminism is about being ‘honest’ with ourselves and accepting the status quo.
12. Being a working mother is dangerous.
13. It’s OK to be a bigoted homophobe.
14. Stuck in a dead-end marriage? GRIN AND BEAR IT.
15. Loads of, like ALL, career women feel like they shouldn’t be there.